Web Hosting Agreement
AFFLILIATE'S ACCESS AND MANAGEMENT OF THE NABA-HOSTED WEBSITE PLATFORM AND TECHNICAL SUPPORT AGREEMENT
This Agreement is between the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (“NABA”) and the Chapter or Region (Affiliate) named in the Content Collection form, whereas the Affiliate has checked the box “I Agree” thereby agreeing to the Terms herein, effective on the date of agreement to the Terms.
WHEREAS, NABA has facilitated the development of a shared, customizable website platform (the “Platform”) which it will provide access and use to Affiliate in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and allow Affiliate to operate Affiliate’s website with assistance and support from NABA as described herein;
NOW THEREFORE, in consideration of the mutual promises contained herein, the parties hereby agree as follows:
- Access to Manage Platform: For the term of this Agreement, Affiliate has the right to use the Platform and operate a Website for the Affiliate (the “Affiliate Website”), strictly in accordance with the terms of this Agreement.
- Term: This Agreement shall continue until terminated by either party, with or without cause, upon written notice of termination delivered to the other party.
- No Fees: For the term of this Agreement, NABA will offer the hosted-website platform and support services described herein at no cost to the Affiliate. Should the Affiliate engage a 3rd party for additional website support services, the Affiliate will be solely responsible for fees associated with those 3rd party services.
- Website Design/Structure: The Affiliate Website will utilize the NABA-branded site framework designed and supplied through NABA which includes custom content areas for the Affiliate to maintain and syndicated content areas for NABA to maintain.
- Affiliate Content and Branding: All content customized or added by the Affiliate in the Affiliate designated areas must be consistent with NABA’s core messaging, branding guidelines and Logo Usage/IP policies.
- NABA Syndicated Content: NABA shall maintain the syndicated content areas on the Affiliate Website, as NABA deems appropriate, with NABA global content which would be of interest to the broader audience of members or stakeholders.
- Domain Hosting: NABA shall provide domain hosting services for the custom URLs for the Affiliate Websites. Affiliates shall transition all external references (digital and print communications, marketing, email communication, business cards, etc.) to the new custom URL issued for the Affiliate Website.
- Training and Support: NABA shall provide appropriate training (as determined by NABA) necessary to familiarize the Affiliate with use and management of the Platform. To the extent that NABA deems it feasible to do so, NABA shall provide technical support for the Platform being used by the Affiliate Website.
- Usage Statistics: For the purpose of evaluating and improving NABA’s Affiliate Website program, NABA will have access to usage data and statistics for each Affiliate Website. From time to time NABA may require Affiliates to participate in feedback surveys for the same purpose.
- NABA Display Ads and Job Postings: NABA shall have the exclusive right to post display ads or job postings in the designated syndicated content areas of the Affiliate Websites. Any revenue or royalties derived from NABA ads or postings belongs exclusively to NABA. Any revenue or royalties derived from Affiliate ads or postings in the Affiliate’s designated areas of the Affiliate Website will belong exclusively to the Affiliate.
- Affiliate Responsibilities: At all times, Affiliate bears full risk and responsibility for loss and damage of content posted to the Affiliate Website by the Affiliate. Affiliate is solely responsible for all acts, omissions and use under the Affiliate’s account login/password or in connection with the Affiliate’s Website content displayed, linked, transmitted through or stored on the Server. Affiliate shall be solely responsible for undertaking measures to: (i) prevent any loss or damage to Affiliate’s Website custom content; (ii) ensure the security, confidentiality and integrity of all of Affiliate’s Website custom content transmitted through or stored on NABA servers; and (iii) ensure the confidentiality of Affiliate’s login/password.
- Affiliate Indemnification: Affiliate hereby indemnifies NABA and its current and former directors, officers, volunteers, employees and agents from any and all claims, liabilities and expenses, including without limitation reasonable attorneys fees, incurred by them as a result of: (i) Affiliate’s acts or omissions with respect to the Platform which acts or omissions breach this Agreement, and/or (ii) any content posted on the Affiliate Website (exclusive of content posted or provided by NABA).
- Disputes /Governing Law: Any disputes concerning this Agreement shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts in Maryland, subject to any dispute resolution policies or processes prescribed by the National Bylaws or PCAA documents.
To accept the Terms of this Agreement, please check "I Accept" on the Content Collection form, confirming your Agreement to the Terms and your authority to do so.