2018 Convention & Expo
Thank you for making the 2018 Convention
a huge success!
Thank you all for your support of NABA’s 2018 National Convention & Expo. We especially thank our distinguished keynote speakers and presenters for addressing today’s most pressing questions facing the accounting and finance profession, and our sponsors for being champions of our mission. Your presence, enthusiasm and willingness to engage helped to make the 47th Convention one of the best in our history.
We welcomed more than 2,100 members, partners and guests to the Orlando World Center Marriott, June 13-17, under the theme “iVOLUT!ON”. Convention goers were inspired to take risks, leverage their resources and seize control of their career direction.
Hundreds of volunteer hours went into creating this Convention and NABA would like to take this opportunity to give a special thank you to Convention Chair Earl Fagan, CPA and his dedicated team of organizers. We are also thankful to our National Chair Steven Harris, CPA, CGMA, whose leadership of NABA we depend on and value.
Additionally, we wish to offer our sincere gratitude to all of our program sponsors for making this Convention a success. We could not have done this without you and look forward to working with you again in the future.
Finally, Orlando proved to be an ideal setting to recognize individuals that have contributed to the success of NABA, their organizations and their communities.
2018 NABA Convention Infographic
|Your 2018 NABA National Convention Experience.
- Attendeed Profile
- Overall Satisfaction
- The Attendee Experience
- Job Seeker Profile
- Attede Top Reasons to Attend
(Click Image to View Infographic)
2018 NATIONAL AWARD RECIPIENTS
NATIONAL AWARD RECIPIENTS
OUTSTANDING MEMBER AWARD Herschel Frierson
NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT IN GOVERNMENT AWARD – Andrea D. Smith, CFE, MBA
CORPORATE DIVERSITY AWARD – Microsoft
NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT IN EDUCATION AWARD - Dr. Irwin N. Gleim
COMMUNITY SERVICE AWARD – Sheri A. Marshall
NATIONAL ACHIEVEMENT IN PUBLIC ACCOUNTING AWARD – Richard J. Caturano, CPA, CGMA
RISING STAR AWARD – Charles E. Barley, Jr.
CHAPTER PRESIDENT OF THE YEAR AWARD RECIPIENTS
SOUTHERN – Brian Campbell
EASTERN – Amber Adams
CENTRAL – Tyrrell Rodgers
WESTERN – Catrese Kilgore
REGIONAL AWARDS FOR OUTSTANDING SERVICE
SOUTHERN – Shamber Gentry
EASTERN – Carolyn Dawson
CENTRAL – David Harrison
WESTERN – Patrice Scully
Program and Event Highlights:
- NABA Leadership Development Institute
- Advancing Leaders Track (ALDI), Sponsored by RSM
- Executive Track (ELDI), Sponsored by PwC
- CPA Examination Review, Led by Becker Professional Education
- Chapter Leadership Workshop, Sponsored by The Business Learning Institute (BLI)
- Career Accelerator, Sponsored by Synchrony
- Opening General Session and keynote presentation on “Is it Safe to Trust Again?” featuring Keynote Speaker Stephen M. R. Covey
- Opening Reception "White Party", Sponsored by State Street and RSM
- C-Suite Coffee with Cove, Sponsored by DHG and RSM
- A Night to Network: Corporate Hospitality Suites, Sponsored by Allstate, Amazon, Microsoft, Prudential, Robert Half, and Johnson & Johnson
- Women of NABA Network Management Session - "A-S-S-E-R-T. Find Out What That Means For Me!" Presented and Sponsored by Wells Fargo.
- Women of NABA Network Executive Session - "Black Women Ready to Lead: Speaking Truth to Power,” Presented and Sponsored by Bank of America
- Women of NABA Network Luncheon and Keynote Speaker, Sponsored by State Street Corporation
- There were 57 hours of CPE Technical Sessions, Sponsored and Presented by DHG, Wells Fargo, BLI, The Association of Accountants and Finance Professionals in Business, Amazon, Microsoft, KPMG, Edward Jones, State Street, EY, JP Morgan Chase & Co., Johnson and Johnson, Prudential, Boeing, AICPA, Target and Crowe.
- Celebration of Scholars Luncheon, Sponsored by EY, featuring Keynote Speaker Kwame Jackson, and highlighting 60 award recipients
- Student Program Sessions, Sponsored and Presented by Marriott Hotels and Resorts, Deloitte, RSM, PwC, Johnson and Johnson and EY
- Career Expo
- Professional Headshots Sponsored by Microsoft
- LinkedIn Consultation Bar Sponsored by Microsoft
- Cyber Café Sponsored by Microsoft
- NABA Day of Service Sponsored by Tupperware Brands and Hilton Grand Vacations. Contributors: Johnson & Johnson, Walmart, BNY Mellon, Leaders Amplify, Ripley’s Believe It or Not, Kenneth Harris, Robert Half, and Target
- The NABA Awards Experience & Soiree