Spectrum Article Submission
NABA Members - Make Your Voice Heard in Spectrum!
Spectrum is the official magazine of the National Association of Black Accountants, Inc. (NABA) published twice a year in spring and winter. It is a full-color magazine showcasing the latest news and issues impacting the Profession as well as feature articles written by members for members.
Spectrum articles and features cover a wide variety of subjects that affect the profession but they all connect to the mission of NABA which is to address the professional needs of its members and to build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with an unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors.
Submitting Your Article
Submit your article to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Writing for Spectrum
We recommend that prospective authors read recent issues
prior to submitting a manuscript to better understand the types of articles published. Please provide an outline of the concept for the article, highlight the major points, give practical examples and describe the intended audience. New or established authors, industry professionals, researchers, or practitioners are welcome to submit articles for consideration. To be considered for publication, articles must make significant contributions to the profession’s development, offer insight to further the scholarship of public relations, and share practical information to enhance practitioners’ job performance.
Length, Style, and Format
- Between 1,000 - 1,500 words
- Provide in Word, single spaced
- Non-self/product promotional
- Include a brief bio of the author including headshot
- All articles are subject to editing for style, tone, or substance
- Headlines and subheads are subject to change
- Links may be added for context
- Art will be added at the discretion of NABA
- Articles may or may not be promoted across NABA web pages and/or social media
- No compensation will be provided for articles used in Spectrum or across all NABA channels
- Authors are responsible for all statements made in their articles and for obtaining copyright permission to reprint tables, figures, or quotations of 500 words or more
- Authors should write to original author(s) and publishers to request nonexclusive worldwide rights in all languages to publish in all formats and future editions the material in the article
- Authors must provide copies of all permissions at the same time they submit the article for consideration by NABA.
Copyright and Regulations
Authors must include a statement indicating all findings reported in the manuscript are original, contribute to the broad body of knowledge in accounting, have not been published previously either in print or electronic form, and are not being simultaneously submitted elsewhere. Articles that are accepted become the property of NABA. NABA allows authors the free use of their materials if a decent interval elapses between publication in Spectrum and subsequent publication.
A manuscript that has been published or that is currently under consideration for publication elsewhere should not be submitted. NABA will not consider submissions that duplicate other published works in either wording or substance.
If you have any questions about current or archived issues of Spectrum, contact Darell Scott, Manager, Marketing & Communications via email at email@example.com or by phone at 240-630-3563.