“Defying Gravity…The CPA Profession”
The AICPA Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop "ASLW" is an annual invitational program for minority accounting students who plan to pursue the CPA designation. This event aims to strengthen students’ professional skills and understanding of the limitless possibilities and benefits of earning the CPA credential.
Through speakers, panel discussions and interactive programs, participants gain confidence and an enhanced understanding of the various career paths within the accounting profession to prepare them for the steps that follow graduation. An all-expenses paid event, the AICPA Foundation covers the cost of student attendees’ transportation to/from the workshop location, hotel accommodations, training experience, and meals. Learn more about the AICPA Foundation.
What to Expect
Attendees will participate in learning sessions and panel discussions covering a wide array of topics such as developing leadership skills and passing the CPA exam. Students will have the opportunity to interact with accomplished CPA professionals who will share priceless knowledge regarding career opportunities in accounting and the value of networking.
Program Venue & Date Information
Hyatt Regency Houston Galleria
2626 Sage Road
Houston, Texas, USA, 77056
Wednesday, May 17 – Friday, May 19, 2017
Eligible applicants must:
• Be a declared accounting, finance or tax major who intends to pursue the CPA credential
• Be a sophomore, junior, senior, 5th year, or graduate student for the 2016-17 academic year
• Have maintained a minimum 3.0 GPA
• Be actively involved in campus and community activities
• Have not attended a past workshop
• Be an ethnic minority (i.e., Black or African American; Hispanic or Latino; Native American; or Asian, etc.)
• Be a U.S. citizen or Permanent Resident (green card holder)
• Be a Student Affiliate Member of the AICPA
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions regarding the Accounting Scholars Leadership Workshop.