The mission of NABA is to address the professional needs of its members and to
build leaders that shape the future of the accounting and finance profession with an
unfaltering commitment to inspire the same in their successors.
The National Association of Black Accountants, Inc., (NABA) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit association formed in 1969 under the laws of New York. Overall strategy and policy are determined by the Board of Directors. Board members have a fiduciary responsibility to “steer the organization towards a sustainable future by adopting sound, ethical, and legal governance and financial management policies, as well as making sure the nonprofit has adequate resources to advance its mission.” (Source: National Council of Nonprofits www.councilfornonprofits.org)
In addition, there are a number of standing and ad hoc Board committees that support the work of the Board and staff. The following is a list of committees currently active:
- ACAP Committee
- Arbitration Committee
- Audit Committee
- Ethics Committee
- Finance Committee
- Governance Committee
- Membership Committee
- Nominating Committee
- Organizational Effectiveness & Personnel (OEP) Committee
- Resource Development Committee
- Strategic Planning Committee
NABA’s day to day operations managed by a professional staff based in Greenbelt, Maryland. A review of our bylaws (updated by the Board on April, 19, 2015) and most recent Form 990 can provide additional insights into our mission, membership, governance structure and operations.
"Ensuring Our Seat at the Table"
Unlimited opportunities and growth for blacks in accounting and related business professions.
The Five Strategic Priorities:
- Organizational Effectiveness
- Financial Sustainability
- Advocacy & Thought Leadership
- Marketing / Branding
- Programs & Leadership Development
Four Strategic Goals
- SUSTAINABILITY - Achieve long-term financial and operational SUSTAINABILITY by shifting our governance and staffing models.
- AWARENESS - Demonstrate the impact of existing barriers by taking a lead role in public and corporate AWARENESS.
- ACTION - Equip members to take ACTION with new tools & resources to support of their development and advancement.
- CONNECTION - Facilitate authentic and meaningful CONNECTIONS to build networks with professional impact.
To download and view the full NABA 3-Year Strategic Plan - Vision2020, click on the image: