Office of the National Secretary
May 28, 2014
Dear NABA Member,
In accordance with the National Association of Black Accountant, Inc.’s (NABA) Bylaws, this electronic communication serves as the official Call for Nominations (Call) for the election of members to the National Board of Directors and Regional Offices for Fiscal Year 2015. This Call will only be mailed to your address of record via U.S. Postal Service within the week if your email of record rejects delivery.
Nominations will be accepted for the following National Board of Directors positions – each for a term of two (2) years:
· Eastern Region President / Regional Director
· Central Region President / Regional Director
Nominations will be accepted for the following Regional positions – each for a term of two (2) years:
· Eastern Region Vice-President
· Eastern Region Treasurer
· Eastern Region Secretary
· Central Region Vice-President
· Central Region Treasurer
· Central Region Secretary
All nominations must be postmarked (U.S. Postal Service, United Parcel Service, Federal Express, or any other expedited delivery service) or emailed to NABA Nominations by June 6, 2014. No faxes or self-nominations will be accepted. Note - all mailed submissions must be sent to:
National Association of Black Accountants, Inc.
Attention: FY 2015 Nominating Committee Chair
7474 Greenway Center Drive, Suite 1120
Greenbelt, MD 20770
In accordance with our Bylaws, a member in good standing for the purpose of voting, nominating, and candidacy shall be those members shown on the National records as paid as of October 31, 2013.
Below are the qualifications for the applicable National Board of Director and Regional Officer positions:
Regional Director (Regional President)
These members are required to have a minimum of:
· Five (5) aggregate years of NABA professional membership
· Six (6) aggregate years of professional experience
· Two (2) years as a chapter president or
· Two (2) years as a regional officer or
· Two (2) years as a member of the Board of Directors or
· Three (3) years as an officer at the chapter level
Regional Vice President
These members are required to have:
· Four (4) years professional membership and
· One (1) year as chapter president or
· One (1) year as regional officer or
· One (1) year as a member of the national committee or
· Three (3) years as a chairperson of a local or regional committee
Regional Treasurer/Regional Secretary
These members are required to have:
· Three (3) years professional membership and
· A minimum of three (3) years as a chairperson of a local or regional committee.
The attached Candidate Biographical Profile must be completed for consideration. Altering the profile to remove data fields will disqualify the candidate. All nomination forms must be signed by the nominee and the nominator and returned to the National Office. No self-nominations will be accepted. Electronic signatures are not allowed. Nominees can only be nominated for one (1) position in any election year.
Please note that all professional certifications and/or advance degrees will be verified. Do not send resumes. Only the Nomination Form and the election ballot will be accessible to the membership via VoteNet. Acceptable forms of supporting documentation include, official transcripts, copy of your degree(s), printed materials indicating the position(s) held (e.g., student conference guide and leadership directories), etc.
The Voting Period will be from June 18-June 26, 2014. Further information will be shared in advance.
The election will be conducted electronically via VoteNet. Therefore, it is imperative that we have your preferred e-mail address on file. Please update your membership profile via the National website membership portal (www.nabainc.org). If you have difficulties accessing your membership account, please contact NABA’s Customer Service department at (888) 571-2939 for assistance.